This tutorial will show you how to add a Tagxedo word cloud to your ePortfolio.
- Go to www.tagxedo.com
- Fill in one of the six content sources for your word cloud.
-URL will take words from a webpage
-Twitter ID will take words from a twitter feed
-Del.icio.us ID will take words from Del.icio.us
-News will take words from news stories based on the word or phrase you type
-Search will ake words from a Google search of the word
-RSS will take words from an RSS feed
Before clicking submit, choose the shape of your word cloud (you will have more choices later so don’t worry too much about this).
- You will be directed to the Creator page, where you can personalize further.
- The arrows going in a circular motion Shuffle the settings, The locks Lock a setting (in case you want to shuffle the other settings but keep that one the same), and the arrows let you manually choose.
- To change the shape, click the arrow next to Shape, you will come across many options to choose from.
- To customize words, click Word Layout Options. It will bring you to the Layout” tab, with settings you can alter for the layout of your words.
- In the “Word” tab you can change the settings based on the kinds of words you want to have.
- In the “Skip” tab, a list of all the words in your Tagxedo will appear. To “skip” a word simply click on it, and it will turn yellow. If you skip a word it won’t appear anywhere on your Tagxedo.
- The “Advanced” tab is for advanced options such as opacity.
- Once you are done with your Tagxedo, you can publish it via Facebook or Twitter, or save it directly from the website.
- After logging in to ePortfolio, select My ePortfolio. Then on the bottom right-hand corner of the page tile that you wish to display your Tagxedo on, click the More... icon and then click Edit.
- Click on “Image” from the blocks and drag it to where you would like the image to appear on the page.
- You can give your Tagxedo a title in the Block title box, or you can omit a title by putting a space. Click the Images button.
- Check off the box next to “Upload File” and click “Choose Files” to browse your computer for the Tagxedo.
- You can adjust the width from if you wish to do so. Then click Save at the bottom.
- Your Tagxedo word cloud will appear on your page.