Follow this tutorial to allow your students to share video files using Kaltura.
- On the homepage of your Blackboard course create a new Module page, name it, and click Submit.
- The new link will be at the bottom of the left-hand column. A white box with a grey line going through it indicates that this module is not visible to students in the course. Scroll over to the page link you created until you see a downward-facing arrow. Click, Show Link.
- You can then move this link to where you would like it in your course menu. Hover over it and move your mouse to the left-hand side of the text until you see the cursor change and then move the link.
- To upload videos and make them downloadable, go to the My Media repository, which is the personal video repository in Kaltura. In order to do this, click on the My Resource Page link as shown below.
- Then navigate to My Media.
- Next, click on Add New > Media Upload under the My Media tab.
- Click on Choose a file to upload, navigate to the file on your local drive, and click open.
- You will now see the video in your My Media Gallery, along with any other Media you have uploaded. Press Edit.
- Click on the Downloads menu button.
- Choose the file type(s) that you would like to make available to others and click Save.
- Navigate back to My Media through My Resource Page.
- Put a check mark next to the video that you would like to share, select the Actions menu from the top-right of the screen and choose Publish. Select the course(s) you would like to publish. Click, Save.
- Navigate back to the course and the Student Videos section where you will see your video in Media Gallery.
- Click on the video and choose the download button, which will allow you (and others) to download your video in the formats you selected in Step #10.