This tutorial will help you get started using EndNote on Mac. It demonstrates how to set up your EndNote library, import citations from a database, change the reference style, and insert citations.
1. To get started, you will need to download EndNote from https://aspnetweb.pace.edu/adam/. Please be sure to downloading EndNote on your personal computer and not university owned device.
2. Once EndNote is downloaded, open the program and create a new library by selecting File. Then click New and Save. Create only one library as multiple libraries can cause technical issues.
3. In a browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari) go to the Pace University Library Databases. Select the appropriate database for your search. The PubMed database will be used as an example.
- Open up the PubMed database. Search for and select an article of your choice.
2. At the top of the screen, click Send to, check Citation manager, and then click Create File.
3. Choose Open with...
4. ...and select EndNote as the program
5. Once EndNote has been chosen as the program to open the file with, click OK.
6. When prompted, choose My EndNote Library.enl and then click Open.
7. It is now in your EndNote Library!