1. Log in to Brightspace/"Classes" and select Kaltura from the blue navbar.
2. Click on "Add New" and then select "Kaltura Capture" from the drop down menu.
3. Agree to the Term and Conditions.
4. Download for Windows or Mac if it is your first time using the software. Please see the following tutorial for more information on installing Kaltura Capture.
5. Choose “New Recording” from the Kaltura Capture Desktop Recorder.
6. Click on Screen icon to enable Kaltura to record your screen. Use the chevron button to the right of the icon to control the inputs.
7. Open your PowerPoint and put it into Slide Show mode. The Kaltura Capture application will upload the slides as chapters and index the text so it can be searched for in the video.
8. Click the red button to start recording.
9. You will see a 5 second count down and then your recording will start.
10. When the recording begins, the duration of your recording is displayed in the Recording Menu.
11. When you are finished recording, click on the Stop recording button. You will be prompted with a confirmation box.
12. After you "stop" your recording you will be directed to the entry page. If you clicked stop by mistake, you can always click Cancel and you will be returned to your recording in a paused state. If you want to complete the recording, enter the following information and then click Save and Upload and your recording will be uploaded to your MyMedia repository available via Brightspace/"Classes":
- Title of the recording
Please note that Kaltura Personal Capture should only be launched using the Add New button, and then selecting Kaltura Capture.