Office 365 ProPlus is a downloadable version of Office that will replace the MS Office 2016 application currently available via https://portal.office.com. The installation of Office 365 ProPlus requires you first uninstalling Office Professional Plus 2016 originally downloaded from ADAM. If you have not downloaded Office from ADAM, you may skip to the “Installing Office 365 ProPlus” section of this document.
Uninstalling Office Professional Plus 2016
- Make sure to save all your work and close any Office applications you currently have open. Your computer will need to reboot to complete uninstallation.
In the search box, search for Control Panel and click to open
Click Uninstall a program
- Select Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 or similar and then click Uninstall button.
- Click Yes if prompted with a User Account Control window and click Yes in the Setup window.
- Uninstallation will begin. This process may take several minutes.
- Once uninstallation is complete, click Close button. You will then be prompted to reboot your computer.
- Click Yes.
Once reboot is completed, you are now ready to begin installing Office 365 ProPlus.
Installing Office 365 ProPlus:
- Go to https://portal.office.com
- Sign in with your MyPace Portal email address
- Type your MyPace Portal password and click Sign in
- Once logged in, in the top right of the page, click Install Office and then click Office 365 apps.
The installation file will download.
Double click on Office 365 ProPlus installer you downloaded in the previous step. This is typically located in your “Downloads” folder. Click Yes if prompted with a User Account Control window.
Office 365 will begin to download and install
Once completed, click Close button
Next, open an Office application from your Start Menu such as Word
- Click on the Accept and Start Word button
Click Sign In on the top right of Word.
Type your MyPace Portal email address and click Next
Type your MyPace Portal password and click Sign in
Uncheck Allow my organization to manage my device box and click Yes
Once your device is registered, click Done.
You may now begin to use Office 365.
Can’t find what you’re looking for or have a topic suggestion?
Please leave a comment via our feedback form.