Faculty, staff and students can enroll one or more Apple, Android, and Windows mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) for Duo Multifactor Authentication (MFA). The instructions below apply to first-time device enrollment.
- If you already have at least one device enrolled, but would like to add or make changes, please go to Manage Your Devices article for further instructions.
- If you have more than one user account (e.g. student AND student employee... or, staff AND student) and you already have a mobile device enrolled under one of the accounts, you will need to contact the ITS Help Desk to get assistance adding the same mobile device to the second account.
If you have not yet enrolled a device in Duo, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.pace.edu/duo
- Type your MyPace username and password in the fields and click Signin
- Click Start setup
- Select the type of device, Mobile phone or Tablet and click Continue
If you are enrolling a phone, type ten digit phone number
For international phone numbers, please select the country from the drop-down list and type your phone number.
Double-check your phone number, click check box to confirm the number is correct and click Continue
- Select type of device being enrolled and click Continue
- If you have not yet installed the Duo Mobile app on the registered device,
- Go to your device's App Store and search for Duo Mobile
- Tap Get or Install and then Install or Accept to download the app
- Once installed, Click the I have Duo Mobile installed button to proceed
Follow the instructions on the page to open the Duo Mobile app and scan the shown barcode
Click here for alternative instructions for Email me an activation link
- Click on the Email me an activation link instead
- Type your Pace email address and click Send email
Note: You will receive an email from Duo Security (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your Pace email account. Within email message, there will be a link to activate your Duo Mobile app.
- Open the email from Duo Security on your registered device
- Click Open and your registered device will be redirected to the Duo Mobile app
Verify DUO-PROTECTED Pace University and six digit passcode displays on the Duo Mobile app.
The Six digit passcode shown above is an example. Use the Refresh
icon next to the passcode to generate a new one.
- You have successfully activated your Duo Mobile app. Please note, you can ignore the remaining instructions within this article.
- Click Continue to complete the process
- Confirmation message will display to say enrollment was successful
Can’t find what you’re looking for or have a topic suggestion?
Please leave a comment via our feedback form.