The following article provides instructions for users who have already enrolled at least one device in Duo Multifactor Authentication (MFA) and wish to manage (add, rename, replace, or remove) any of their devices. If you never had a device enrolled before, please go to First Device Enrollment article for further instructions.
This article is divided into four sections. Please click on the desired link to jump to that section:
Recommended steps when changing or upgrading your phone or tablet:
If you are changing or replacing your existing mobile device (phone or tablet) in the Duo self-enrollment portal, we recommend that you first add the new device and enroll it in Duo MFA. Then, you can remove the old device. It is important to note that even phones that had their cellular service removed can still continue to generate the Duo passcode necessary to access the Duo enrollment portal. This helps to ensure that the user can still access the portal and manage their devices on their own.
For further assistance to obtain technical assistance from an ITS representative, please use the following means:
Instructions to Sign In to Duo
- Go to www.pace.edu/duo
- Type your MyPace username and password in the fields and click Signin
Type the passcode generated from an already enrolled Duo Mobile app, Duo bypass code, or Duo hardware token
Instructions to Add Another Device
If you already have a primary device enrolled in Duo, please follow the instructions below:
Click Add another device
- Select the type of device, Mobile phone or Tablet and click Continue
If your enrolling a phone, type ten digit phone number being registered
- Double-check your phone number, then Click check box to confirm the number is correct and click Continue
- Select type of device being enrolled and click Continue
- If you have not yet installed the Duo Mobile app on the registered device,
- Go to your device's App Store and search for Duo Mobile
- Tap Get or Install, and then Install or Accept to download the app
- Once installed, Click I have Duo Mobile installed button to proceed
Follow the instructions on the page to open the Duo Mobile app and scan the shown barcode.
- Click Continue to complete the process
- Confirmation message will display your device that was JUST ADDED
Instructions to Remove a Device
- Click Device Options for the device to be removed
- Click trash icon to remove selected device
- Click Remove to confirm the removal of the device
Instructions to Rename a Device
- Click Device Options for the device to be renamed
- Click Change Device Name
- Type new name and click Save
Can’t find what you’re looking for or have a topic suggestion?
Please leave a comment via our feedback form.